What would you do with £1000 for your jewellery business?
Welcome jewellers! Applications are now open for the very first round of JewelFund, a fund set up specifically for jewellers wanting to launch or grow their jewellery business. You can apply for one of two £1000 grants to spend on a specific area of your business… and the greatest thing about grants… you don’t have to give them back (It is not a loan it is yours to keep). This is a great opportunity to get some additional funds to move your business forward to the next level.
Hello, for anyone new here, I’m Jessica Rose, I love everything jewellery and business and having set up a jewellery business myself from scratch, I know how challenging it can be when you are low on cash or need a little extra to get you to the next stage. Which is why I have created JewelFund to help jewellers on their way to creating amazing jewellery businesses.
Below you can see full details on how to apply to the fund and what to do next. I look forward to receiving your application… after all what is there to lose!
What is on offer?
There are two grants of £1,000 each. Two jewellers will be awarded one £1,000 grant at the end of the application and review process.
We do hope to run this fund each year and the amounts may change as we grow.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to anyone
- Over 16
- Who has an operating jewellery business (pre-launch businesses can apply but will need to provide a business plan). Full disclosure: the applications from jewellers who have been up and running 6 months or more are most likely to be successful this year.
- You can be based in any country and the amount awarded will be £1,000 in GBP, you will need to cover any conversion fees.
- You must be using the funds to further your jewellery business (more about this in a bit) and we will ask you to submit receipts for purchases.
- If you have a jewellery business and an extra £1,000 would make a real difference you are perfect for this award so go ahead and apply.
What can I use the money for?
Anything that will improve your business and help you in the long-run. Some examples might include…
- Jewellery tools or supplies
- CAD work or outsourcing to create a new collection
- A new website
- Hiring staff or freelancers to help you
- Stock, such as creating more for a bigger wholesale contract
- Workspace rental
- Training and mentoring (taking courses, investing in your training)
- Updating packaging or point-of-sale
- Shows or events
- IT equipment or furniture for your home office
A portion of the funds can be used to pay yourself so that you can work on this instead of a job you don’t want to be in!
When is the deadline?
All applications need to be received by:
Saturday 30th June 2018
Announcement will be:
Monday 23rd july 2018
Award winners will receive initial funds by end of July 2018
Sounds great how do I apply?
So glad you asked! Click on the link below to fill out a simple application form. We will mainly be asking you what you want to use the money for any what impact that will have on your business.
If you are thinking of applying but unsure, go for it, we would love to learn more about your business and who knows you may well be one of the two we pick. I so look forward to reading your applications.
P.S. please note that as JewelFund applicant we will send you emails about the fund and exclusive updates and information on what is happening at Jewellers Academy. We don’t believe in spam! Only valuable content. You can unsubscribe from these at anytime.